Peter Greenaway

Discuss individual directors, actors, cinematographers, writers, and more
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
colinr0380
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:30 pm
Location: Chapel-en-le-Frith, Derbyshire, UK

Re: Peter Greenaway

#276 Post by colinr0380 »

beamish14 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 3:23 pm The project formerly known as Lucca Mortis has begun filming
An article on Lucca Mortis in today's Guardian, saying that apparently production wrapped at the end of 2024 but is in a dispute as the Producers decided to make a 'more commercial' cut of the film. Apparently there are two versions of the film - Greenaway's and the Producers' - stuck in post-production at the moment.

And it is apparently going to be set in the 9/11 era and being re-titled as "Tower Stories", to not associate the Italian town of Lucca with the concept of death.
User avatar
The Fanciful Norwegian
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:24 pm
Location: Teegeeack

Re: Peter Greenaway

#277 Post by The Fanciful Norwegian »

So that makes two Greenaway movies in the can but "stuck in post-production hell."
User avatar
Lowry_Sam
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:35 pm
Location: San Francisco, CA

Re: Peter Greenaway

#278 Post by Lowry_Sam »

from IMDB
The Head Gardener Pre-production
Tower Stories Post-production
Veni Vidi Vinci In Development
Volga In Development
Walking To Paris Completed
I stopped paying attention to his output since 8 1/2 Women which I hated so much I walked out of. Still enjoy his early films though. Any standout from his 21st century output if I feel ready to give him another go?
beamish14
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 7:07 pm

Re: Peter Greenaway

#279 Post by beamish14 »

Lowry_Sam wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2026 4:02 pm from IMDB
The Head Gardener Pre-production
Tower Stories Post-production
Veni Vidi Vinci In Development
Volga In Development
Walking To Paris Completed
I stopped paying attention to his output since 8 1/2 Women which I hated so much I walked out of. Still enjoy his early films though. Any standout from his 21st century output if I feel ready to give him another go?
Rembrandt’s J’Accuse is wonderful, and better than the already very good Nightwatching. It feels a bit like his F for Fake; a very playful essay film

Tulse Luper is hard to truly judge, as it’s never been completed, and you need to contextualization it with some of the books he’s written.

I can’t think of any living filmmaker who has published so many books of his unproduced scripts. The OK Doll and Joseph really should get made
Post Reply